Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday Game Day Wrap-Up

It was a great turnout last night. I think we had about 16 people present.

Games played:
China
Starcraft
Pandemic
Incursion
Crokinole
Golf (was that the Rummy-like card game?)

And the final four who remained until 10-ish played:
Gloom
Last Night On Earth

Did I miss any other games during the day?

Starcraft was a fun game, but I found myself very frustrated with the choices I made on my two l'il planets and the Protoss race. I'd play the game again, but I definitely need to ramp up the upgrades so I can build the other units so I can actually use those combat cards. Oy.

Crokinole! I love that game and the prospect of being beaned by a smooth wooden disk! I notice May Day Games is doing a pre order for a board. Anyone hear about these?

Thanks to all who showed. Until next time!

Edit: There is a forum post on BGG about Mayday Games' offering, but I'm getting permissions errors when trying to view it. Perhaps some technical difficulties are occurring on some of BGG's servers as I was attempting to view?

9 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, March 14, 2010, Blogger Mike S said...

Amun re
Carcassone
trans-america

were also all played
I especially enjoyed Incursion and Amun Re. Killing Nazi Zombies and building pyramids is spectacular fun!

 
At 7:41 PM, March 14, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

had a blast as always.

Anne, part of the overwhelminess probably also came from the fact that the expansion adds another 10 cards or so to each players' decks. Prob not a good idea in a game where 3 out of 4 were new players. Call me selfish, but I really wanted to see the expansion in action... :)

And satisfied I was. The expansion does exactly what an expansion should to. It provides more of what already worked in the game: more tech cards, more planets with nifty twists, and hero units (they were awesome). There's probably 2 other new things that it adds, that don't completely change the game. I don't think that I'll ever play without it.

 
At 9:46 PM, March 14, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Sorry I missed it. I've wanted to try Starcraft for a while (I owned it for two years), but I'm sure I'll get a chance.

 
At 9:55 AM, March 15, 2010, Blogger joefling34 said...

Let me know next time you guys do a starcraft game, i want in! The expansion makes a good game great.

 
At 10:18 AM, March 15, 2010, Blogger pat said...

Ticket to Ride--Europe

 
At 11:18 PM, March 15, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

Joe...I'm up for whenever. The factions (cause you asked by email) were 2 Zergs, 1 protoss (orange), and Blue Terrans.

We had to end it bc it was getting late. I was at 13 VP's. Only one player had selected the "special victory condition" but she wasn't close. When only one player chooses that (with the expansion), it is a lot easier to push them back.

 
At 10:38 PM, March 16, 2010, Blogger joefling34 said...

So is there any talk when we might get it back on the table? Sounds like this was a fun one! Wish I could have been there. Let me know...

 
At 9:57 AM, March 17, 2010, Blogger seanp said...

I'd wait to see some reviews of the Mayday board, instead of preordering. Initially they had the pegs drilled in the wrong spots... that's been fixed, but I want to see a completed project before committing the cash...

 
At 9:55 AM, March 21, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

Sean, I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered. Someone posted on the boards that they got to play it at a convention and were very pleased. So, I took a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home